Monday, September 8, 2008

Sick little girl

It's very rare that my children get sick, so when they do, my motherly instinct goes into overdrive. Brittany has complained with a stomach ache all day. Well, about 7:00 P.M. she started vomiting. We hoped it would pass, but she kept complaining. We gave her medicine, but to no avail. I had to give her a much needed suppository of phenergan....which she despised! It did stop her vomiting, and it helped her fall asleep.

She got in my bed to sleep, and she felt awfully warm. Shannon said that she didn't have fever, but I knew better. I checked it around 10:00 P.M. and it was 99.7. That's pretty high for her b/c she NEVER has a temp. She runs a low temp...like 97...all the time.

It's now 12:55 A.M. and I just checked it again. It's up to 100.5. Now,I'll be up all night worrying about her. At least she is sleeping pretty well b/c of the phenergan...but, how long that will last who knows.

Now, she will miss school tomorrow, and she will HATE that. She hates to miss and get behind. I know she can't help it, but sometimes the teachers don't care. They will send her TONS of work home, and if she's still sick, she certainly won't feel like doing it. She has been working so hard in school, and wants to make A's. I just hope that whatever she has will pass SOON. I also hope that whatever it is, Tyler doesn't get it, too.

Well, I have duty at school at 7:05, so I hope I can get a little bit of rest. Thank goodness Shannon will be home to take care of her. Knowing me, I'll be sticking the thermometer in her mouth all night. Yes, I'm a worry-wort....but also a concerned mommy. I just like to keep check!!! Gnight, Bit...hope u feel better soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment