Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Call me Grace!

I've always been a little on the clumsy side, but lately I've been doing alright. Until last night....and this morning. I blame it on the fact that I'm so exhausted that I walk around like a zombie.  Anyway... the first "accident" happened when I was climbing into my bed. My bed is rather large... a California king that is about 3 feet tall, granted I'm only 5'2". So, I use a stool to climb into bed.  When I attempted to get into the bed, I kinda missed the stool, and it flipped. The bottom of the stool is made of wrought iron. (OUCH) I cut my legs and then landed on my back with iron bars jabbing my insides.  After I was able to breath again, everyone got a big kick out of it; although  I was still in pain!

Well, that's not all!!! After getting dressed for work this morning, I walked out of my bathroom and my heels got caught on the scales. (Who needs those things anyway???) I flew headfirst with everything in my hands. Tyler saw it all and started screaming, "Mama fell AGAIN." It took me several minutes to get up....with my scraped up knees and my newly fixed hair now all a mess. What a way to start a morning.  The family found it hilarious, but tonight I feel like I've been hit by a bus! 

Yes, now you can call me "Grace." But, it's not really funny at the moment...maybe it will be in a few days!!! Take my advice...buy steps for your bed...don't use a stool!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry! Hope you are feeling better today. If it helps...last night when I was coming home from Bible study I stopped by a friends house to borrow her ironing board. As I was walking down the steps to my house (I was wearing my crock flip flops that are totally slippery) my feet flew out from under me and I landed on my back on the steps with an ironing board on top of my and my Bible 5 feet away. OUCH! I had to sit there (did I mention it was raining on me) for quite awhile to catch my breath and make sure nothing was broken. I'm okay now though. Just a little bruised...and embarrassed. :)

    Love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Grace #2...it's funny...in a way, but not when you're the one hurting!!! My back is killing me today, so I know how you feel. Except that only my family saw ME! SORRY!

    ReplyDelete