Sunday, September 21, 2008

Having Faith

I heard the most wonderful sermon on faithfulness today at church. It made me look at my own life so much and realize that I don't trust in the faith of God as much as I should. Bro. Jim talked about the faith that Enoch, Noah, and Abel all had in God, and because of their faith they went on to eternity with their Father. I want the kind of faith that these 3 men had.

Sometimes people go through suffering which makes them lose faith in God. I, myself, have been down that road. But suffering also often brings people to saving faith in God. Each of us can think of unbelievers who endured horrible times of suffering and eventually trusted in God for salvation as a result. Unfortunately, people often do not turn to God until they feel their need for Him.

Faith alone is a difficult one. It's hard to trust and believe in things that you can't see or put your hands on. But, God's word assures us that if we have faith, God will make all well with us. I hope that my personal faith will become stronger and stronger. Going through difficult times has made my faith weaker than it should be, but I have faith that all of that will turn around. I am blessed to have heard such wonderful words today that made me realize that I must get my faith back COMPLETELY.

"By steadfast love and faithfulness, iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the Lord one turns away from evil." Proverbs 16:6

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful, I have often tried to make things work the way I wanted them to, but no, I always remember God is power over all things and that things happen for a reason, I am stronger in my faith because I know He Loves Me.
    God is so Good, and is always here to calm my fears and I have had plenty of them.
    I love you darling daughter.

    ReplyDelete