Friday, December 31, 2010

Ice Hockey....A First

My baby boy is growing up so fast! He just had his 11th birthday! ELEVENTH!!! Wow, I can't even believe that. I am about to have two teenagers on my hands. WHEW! With his birthday being in December, such a busy time of the year, it is hard to find a free weekend to do something for his birthday. But, alas, we did find time between exams, basketball games, Christmas parties, etc... Shannon and I took Tyler, his best friend Jacob Branch, and Brittany to Southaven to eat Japanese (which we LOVE) and to see our first ice hockey game. We had a blast! We watched the Mississippi Riverkings play the Mudbugs (from Louisiana, I think). It was the first time for all of us. The game was really exciting to watch, as the hockey players are really aggressive and very quick on their feet. We were on the front row, so we got to see all of the action very close up. Brittany and I liked looking at all the cute players; however, we did notice that most of them are missing teeth. haha
The boys loved the action! One of the players even gave me a hockey puck, so I gave it to Tyler. He liked that. After the game, the kids got to ice skate for an hour. This was the second time my kids had ice skated, and they picked it up pretty well. Jacob had a little trouble at first, but got the hang of it. I think they all did a pretty good job to be from the Delta. All in all, I think Tyler had a wonderful 11th birthday. Plus, he got a new Playstation 3....that's all he really needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment